Friday, January 25, 2008

The Good News Readerboard.

Some good news reader, bored,
Said, Some new things should be borne.
You should be someone who sings.
So, I girded up my things,
And was like, Word.

Have you ever been asked to sing? You may have been without knowing it. I have sung for awhile without knowing I was being asked, and it was not until the function of my singing became to find out Who is asking did I find a limitless subject for song. I ask you now to sing with me, by listening and responding, so that together we can find out (continuously) what the good news is—it will be a limitless development of what you’ve been told the good news is, and what you’ve understood it to be.
Be in your singing, in your responding and listening, aggressive and humble. This is all we can be for things, to receive them and change them as is fit for each moment.

1 comment:

Nathan Dufour Oglesby said...

I think it will be like this (and bear in mind this is all new to me:) I will comment on posts where it seems necessary, such as here, for the occasion of the inception of this thing, with more specific language about whatever moment of inquiry has been posted. The inquiry? Of course it's into What any working hearts, minds, bodies and souls are into, like Augustine: “woe to those who keep silent concerning You, for even those who say much are as the dumb.” The idea is that if a lot of people comment, it will be a great big dialectical joint, a great big shared prayer, if you don’t mind my saying it. Does this make sense? I am comfortable feeling tentative, but not feeling tenuous. I only know this is an experiment in publishing and prayer. Got it?